We're happy to see you again!
Talk to Us
We're happy to help you!
Share Your Hair
Or add Add #myperfectlocks to any pic on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Hair Extensions Care Guide
Virgin Hair Care Video
This video demonstrates how to properly care for and maintain your new Virgin Indian hair. This video is specific to all of our Virgin Indian hair extensions. These steps are highly recommended before installation, but can also be done post installation if you wish. We highly recommend following this procedure for regular maintenance of your new hair investment.
The hair we offer is authentic and natural Indian hair, it must be treated as such. Proper care must be taken to maintain the quality and ensure longevity.
About our Virgin Hair
Since our natural virgin Indian hair is completely unprocessed and natural, some bundles may appear more dry than others. Sometimes it simply need to be moistened.Our hair is hand picked from temples in India, we do double quality check each bundle before they are sent out. We inspect each pack of hair to ensure the highest quality, once treated properly all of the hair we send out is of the best quality, just as the pictures represented on our website.
In India, several factors can contribute to the dryness of hair:
- Type of water used, hard water can leave hair looking dry and damaged.
- Types of hair products used. Most women in India do not use high quality hair care products regularly.
- Regions in India, hotter conditions can dry out hair and leave ends looking dry and split.
Caring for Your Virgin Indian Hair
Fortunately, there is an easy and foolproof remedy for common hair extension issues like tangling and matting. We highly encourage all of our customers to follow these pre-installation requirements before installation of their hair, and after installation on a weekly basis to ensure the highest quality outcome from your new hair. Repeat the below steps every other day.
- Brush out all knots. Brush from the bottom up.
- Wet the hair with warm water.
- Shampoo the hair with a quarter sized amount of shampoo.
- Rinse the shampoo with warm water.
QUICK TIP: Warm water helps open the cuticle and prepares the hair for the next step.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner, run your fingers through the hair from the top down. Scrunch the ends with conditioner, this remedies split ends with ease.
QUICK TIP: Comb the conditioner through with a wide tooth comb.
- Rinse the conditioner out with luke-warm water.
- Pat dry with a bowl. Do not rub the hair to dry it, gently pat.
For extra added care follow the these two steps:
- For best results, apply a generous amount of leave-in conditioner every week.
- Perform a deep conditioning at least once a month.
A routine hair care regimen is vital for proper upkeep of our 100% natural human hair products. The more you take care of your hair, the better you protect your investment... Ultimately leading to a happier you.
Hair Product Matters
It is extremely important to use high quality, sulfate-free products on your hair extensions. Using the wrong product can add a waxy build up that coats the hair, which can be the root cause for tangling and matting. Perfect Locks has developed our very own line of hair care products. Our Vital Hair Care line is free from Sulfates, Ammonia, Parabens, and other harmful ingredients that can damage your hair. This line has been thoroughly tested and is highly recommended to use on hair extensions as well as natural hair.
Shop Hair Care