Add some sizzle and sparkle to your locks with gorgeous hair tinsel! In this fun and easy tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of installing hair tinsel in two ways: using snap clips and adding them onto your clip-ins. So let's dive in and learn how to jazz up your hair with delightful tinsel strands!
Hair Tinsel Prep
Step 1: Prepare your natural hair
Start with freshly washed and dried hair to ensure a smooth canvas. Comb through your hair to remove any knots or tangles. If needed, apply a light layer of your preferred styling product such as texturizers or pomades to help hold the tinsel in place.
Step 2: Choose the placement of your tinsel strands
Now it's time to decide where you want the tinsel to be installed. Whether you're aiming for full-on glam or subtle glitz, placement matters. Your tinsel can be placed all over your head, around your face, or on specific hair sections. Consider your hairstyle choices when selecting the tinsel placement, as you'll want the strands to show off when you wear your hair up or down.
Installing Tinsel With Snap Clips
@perfectlocks Add some sparkle to any hairstyle with this easy hair tinsel tutorial! #hairtinsel #hairtinseltutorial #hairtinselextensions #hairstyles ♬ GIVE IT TO ME X LONDON BRIDGE - ALTÉGO
What You’ll Need:
- Hair tinsel strands
- Snap clips that match your roots for a seamless look
- Pulling needle
- Grab your hair tinsel and snap clip
- Gather a nice chunk of tinsel and apply to clip
- Use a Hook Pulling Needle to pull the tinsel through
- Secure the tinsel by making a knot
- Cut the tinsel to desired length
Installing Hair Tinsel Onto Your Clip-Ins
What You’ll Need:
- Gather your tinsel and place on an open single-sided tape tab
- Cut off excess tinsel closest to tab
- Apply tab to your clip-ins
- Grab another single-sided tab to sandwich it underneath
- Cut the tinsel to your desired length