If you have read our previous post, What to do when you first receive your extensions, in our haircare series, you were able to learn about how to wash the hair within the zip ties, how to check the length and blend the hair with your own.
Within this post, we will give you helpful tips on how to manage your hair and how to tame the frizziness. If you are struggling with your hair, read on!
Quick Note: Due to our strict 14-day return and exchange policy, once the hair is out of the purple zip-ties or it has been cut or altered, we are unable to honor a return and exchange. As for wigs, once the lace is cut or it has been cut or altered it also voids our return and exchange policy. If you want more information on our flexible policy, check out our Return Policy.
Frizzy hair, tangling, and matting is something a lot of women dread, but it’s highly common in all hair textures. A lot of the time it can occur due to improper maintenance, whether that be from sleeping or using the wrong products. When taming hair, it’s quite easy to bring it back to life, as long as you maintain the hair properly.
When sleeping with extensions, we highly recommend braiding your hair. This will prevent any future tangling or matting. If you happen to take showers at night, you can always blow dry your hair, then braid it. When going to bed with loose wet hair, it can cause major tangling and matting. When putting your hair in a ponytail before sleeping, this can cause breakage and you still have a high possibility of obtaining knots. We also highly recommend that you use a satin cap and/or satin pillowcase. Using these items will not only help prevent tangling, but it will also help with frizziness. When using a cotton pillowcase or nightcap, this can cause a lot of friction on the hair. Once friction takes place, you will receive frizz, tangling or matting.
Styling and hair care products are another key factor in maintaining the hair. With whichever hair care and styling products you use, make sure to use Sulfate and Paraben- Free products. When using only sulfate-free or only paraben-free products, it can not only damage your hair but Perfect Locks hair as well. Since our hair is Remy Indian human hair, it will need a little more TLC. Indian hair can be more on the drier side, to take care of this, use oils. Argan oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oils will help bring the hair back to life. If you have purchased our curly hair or colored hair, it will need a lot more moisture, make sure to add oils throughout the hair daily. This will help prevent any frizziness that could transpire. Specific combs are also important for maintaining hair. We like to recommend a wide-tooth comb or loop brush. Using either of these combs will prevent snagging and it won’t cause frizziness. However, using round or paddle brushes can lead to very frizzy hair.
When tangling and matting occur in the hair, it can be a total pain to get the knots out.
With this deep conditioner regimen, it will KNOT be a problem!
- When tangling and matting occur you want to see where the root of the problem is. Whether it happens at the base of the hair or the ends.
- Once you find the complication, grab a Deep Conditioner and some Argan Oil or coconut oil. Mix the deep conditioner and the oil of your choice in a bowl. These two products really help with hydrating the hair and it helps get any tangling or matting that was caused.
- Once the products have been mixed, lather the hair with the mix that you made. Make sure to cover all of the hair, but add a little extra tender love and care to the problem area.
- Let the deep conditioner and oil mix set in your hair for approximately 15 - 45 mins. This would depend on how bad the condition of the hair is in.
- When time is up, grab a wide-tooth comb, and gently brush the hair while the mix is still in the hair. When brushing the hair, make sure to go in sections and brush from the bottom, up. If you brush the hair too harshly it can cause breakage and it can cause more damage. Depending on how bad the condition of the hair is in, you can always apply more oil to the problem area and slowly detangle the hair.
- Once the hair has been fully detangled, rinse the hair in lukewarm water. To really ensure that all the knots are out, brush the hair with a wide-tooth comb whilst rinsing the hair.
- When the hair has been thoroughly rinsed, slide your fingers down the hair and make sure to take out the excess water. Pat the hair dry with a microfiber towel and make sure hair isn’t too damp.
- After drying the hair, apply some argan oil to the ends and work up to seal the cuticle. This will keep the hair hydrated and shiny. If you want to go the extra mile, you can also apply a Leave-In Conditioner.
- If you are washing your extensions or wig, lay the hair on a flat surface to dry overnight.
Make sure to keep checking back in to see more about our Hair Care series. We hope this helps you with your journey to luscious locks! If you have any remaining questions about maintenance, contact our customer support team at (888) 290 - 4771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to help!