Installing Your Extensions: Hire a Stylist or Do-it-Yourself?
This entry was posted on February 17, 2011.
You've purchased your brand new luxurious Indian Remy hair extensions. Should you have your perfect locks professionally installed or tackle the job yourself?
Hire a Stylist
- Pros: Depending on the quality of your stylist, your overall look will be more natural than a do-it-yourself install. A stylist with the requisite experience can install your human hair weave extensions quickly and professionally, giving you a professional new look.
- Cons: Hiring a professional stylist can be expensive. Many women choose to install their own weaves to save funds.
- Pros: Ease of use. What's easier than having someone else style your hair? All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the service.
Cons: Inflexible hours. When you have your hair styled in a salon, you have to work around the salon's hours. Many women have to wait for weeks for an appointment, or book during the busy night and weekend slots.
- Pros: More versatility. By having your weave installed by a professional stylist, you can enjoy styles that are difficult to duplicate at home.
Cons: If the style you're looking for is unique, you may have a hard time finding a stylist that is knowledgeable in the technique.
- Pros: Better equipment. When you have your hair extensions installed by a professional stylist, you have access to professional styling tools such as ceramic flat irons and hair dryers, styling shears, curling irons and chemical treatments.
Cons: If you already own these tools, you may be paying an unnecessary premium at the salon.
Do it Yourself
- Pros: Save money. Probably the best reason for installing your own human hair weaves is cost. You can save hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of dollars by styling your own hair.
Cons: If you are inexperienced, you can easily damage your human hair extensions. This can be more costly than having them professionally installed.
- Pros: Style your hair own your own time. Don't wait days or weeks for a salon appointment.
Cons: Installing a weave can be time consuming and difficult. A professional stylist can work quickly and efficiently, saving you time and hassle.
So which is better? Hiring a stylist or installing your own Indian Remy hair weave at home? We'll let you be the judge.