Tips on How to Condition Your Hair
This entry was posted on May 28, 2008.
Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it healthy. It is very important to keep your hair moisturized at all times, otherwise you may start to experience dry hair which could lead to further problems down the road. It takes little effort and the benefits can be obvious at first glance.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- All types of hair have to be conditioned. This helps your hair to stay healthy, shiny and look good
- Conditioning is even more important for dry hair. By conditioning dry hair, you can retain the oil supply to the hair which helps it to look strong and bouncy.
- If your hair is oily, then you can condition only the ends of the hair
- Using conditioners rich in protein will help hair damaged due to chemical treatment
Ways to condition your hair
- After shampooing, wash your hair nicely and then apply conditioner on your wet hair. Leave it on for about 3 minutes before rinsing. Don’t rinse off the conditioner totally, it is perfectly fine
- Rubbing a light conditioner (such as tea tree, rosemary, or almond oil, braid spray, or a leave-in conditioner) on your scalp
- Running cool water
Condition, condition, condition
It is also suggested to condition your hair using a leave in conditioner, it will do the work so you don’t have to throughout the day. There are many reputable brands like Redken Extreme, Bumble&bumble, and Citre Shine. and Citre Shine. You can also make your own leave-in conditioner by mixing one part regular conditioner with three parts water and putting it in a spray bottle.
Finally, don’t overwash
It is generally recommended to wash your hair no more than 3 times per week. Over-washing your any human hair (real hair or extensions) could leave it very dry and unmanageable. You also will encounter the risk of potentially damaging your hair and/or extensions. Also, not washing your hair daily will allow your natural oils to take their natural course.
These tips should help you get started with your goals of attaining bouncy, healthy conditioned scalp and hair. They can be used for real hair and hair extensions.