Calling all curly girls! Looking for a style switch-up, or a new ‘do for your perfect locks? Try one of these curly hairstyles on for size, or experiment with your own combinations. Since curly hair is so versatile, you have plenty of options.
- Ponytails. High, low, swept to the side—anywhere you want to put it! Ponytails are a great option for curly hair because your ringlets add instant pizzazz to the look, and keep it interesting. After all, people buy ponytail extensions in your hair texture, so why shouldn’t you get to enjoy the fun?
- Classic medium hairstyles. From a simple bob to a modified Afro, your curly hairstyles can reach for the skies or swing at your shoulders with equal ease. A few tips: make sure to get a nice haircut with layers built in, to keep the bushy-look away, and work in styling products like pomade to prevent frizz.
- Crops. Once again, people get texturizer treatments to achieve your luscious locks, so why not flaunt them? Head-hugging short curly hairstyles can show off your features for a more grown-up profile, and are relatively low-maintenance, too. If you’ve got tighter coils, try shorter curly haircuts, while those with bigger, Type 3a or 3b barrel curls might want to try a length of about 1 to 1 ½ inches.
- Upsweeps and all their variations. Brush hair taut and knot into a chignon or low braid for a sleek-yet-sexy look, good for office or evening, or tousle into a semi-loose fishtail like a Greek goddess for even more drama. Wear hair half-up, styling the front with mini ponytails, flat twists, pin curls, soft waves, backcombing, or even cornrows.
- Go two-tone. For the truly daring only! Get a standing-in-the-spotlight glow by sporting two-tone curly hairstyles. Go lighter on top or bottom than your normal color, and let your ringlets add extra depth and dimension to the design.
Take care of yourselves,