Caring for Your Wavy Virgin Indian Hair Extensions
This entry was posted on September 2, 2011.
Happy Labor Day Weekend! We hope you are able to get some shopping in this weekend and maybe it's time to treat yourself to some new hair extensions you've been dying to purchase. Matter of fact, we're having a 10% off sale this weekend. Head on over to this link to check it out.
School is about to start and perhaps has already begun for you. In any case, we've already given you the skinny on how to care for your Straight Virgin Indian Hair. Now it's time to learn how to care for your wavy locks.
A Quick Review on How To Wash Your Hair:
* Shampoo and condition your hair at least once a week with a deep conditioner from a good product line.
* Rinse thoroughly and dry gently after carefully washing your hair with love. Be sure to shampoo your hair in a downward motion and don't rub your hair against other strands of hair to prevent hair breakage.
Specific Wavy Hair Care:
1. After you are done washing your hair, using your wide tooth comb, separate sections of your hair. Comb individual small sections of your hair until you read the top of your head, however, be careful around the Wavy Virgin Indian Hair Extension.
2. After air drying your hair, run your hair through small sections of your hair. Since you don't have curly hair, don't scrunch your hair! Even for women who have curly hair extensions, which we will get into in our next care hair post, scrunching is not a good idea. Scrunching must not be done because it causes frizz. Instead, shake your head back and forth to better define your wave and remember to air dry your hair. Your lovely locks will form their natural wave on their own.
3. If you desire to use a curl activator which will also work for wavy extensions, purchase a curl activator but dilute it with water to prevent product build up in your locks. Also use a curl activator sparingly to preserve your natural Virgin hair extensions. An anti-frizz cream would also help with reducing frizz.
4. Oily and greasy products are also a no no. Remember, using products sparingly will help your hair maintain its original beauty and shine. A little bit of olive oil can be used in your hair to help with shine. As we mentioned before, stick clear of alcohol based products and before you hit the sack, use something soft to wrap your hair in, such as a satin cap. If you want to create a little bit more than a wave, you can also roller set your hair. However, rollers are more effective for curly hair as opposed to wavy hair.
Wavy hair extensions are a natural and sweet look that will never go out of style. Brides love to have a wavy hair look in their hair on their wedding day and you've already beat them to it because you can wake up and have wavy hair every day! If you take the time to care for extensions and apply the tips we suggested, your hair will continue to shine and when the brides ask you what your secret is, you can send them our way.