7 Days of Fashion – NYC Fashion Week Recap
Fashion Week in NYC ended with a bang on September 13th and it definitely will always be a week to remember, even if you weren’t able to attend! Here are some highlights in case you weren’t able to there (like us), and hopefully you’ll be able to live vicariously through this post, which offers some news on all that went down!
- On the 7th day of Fashion Week, Rachel Roy debuted her Spring 2013 collection, which included printed pants, pink blazers, and dreamy gowns full of beautiful shades of color. Her ladylike collection is sure to woo many of us come spring time and her collection gave us a perfect glimpse of everything we love about the spring time as well. We can’t wait!
- On the 6th day of Fashion Week 70 year old Betsey Johnson showed off her archive of outfits from the past five years. Even though the¬†Betsey Johnson label may have filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this year, the 70 year old designer who built her business around funky and fabulous outfits and dresses most definitely will not be slowing down anytime soon. In fact, her runway outfits showed everyone otherwise!
- Flash back to the 5th day, where Diane Von Furstenberg was not afraid to be bold because she sent models down the runway wearing “Google Glasses!” ¬†The¬†peculiar glasses were certainly distracting from the outfits, but were still fun to look at (we think so at least), none the less. Also – Penn Badgley (The Lonely Boy from Gossip Girl)¬†¬†rocked the man bun for Alexander Wang (apparently his girlfriend is good friends with the designer) and that’s a fun picture from Fashion Week that you must take time to view for sure if you haven’t already done so.
- Day 4 and day 3 – where to begin?! Zac Posen took star power to a whole new level when he showed off Naomi Campbell, who opened the show. Victoria Beckham also showed us a glimpse of her Spring 2013 modern line for classy women, and Thakoon ¬†revealed his magical line which is supposed to be other worldly with his bird motifs and other fun and vibrant designs.
- During the first couple of days at fashion week, many other exciting¬†revelations¬†of grandeur and fashion took place as well. Jenni Kayne’s well know d’Orsay flats will be returning in the Spring 13, but this time they will reappear in rich magenta suede and sea blue editions. Sigh, sounds lovely. We also were given a¬†glimpse¬†into many other designer’s visions for Spring 2013, which includes beautiful spring florals, elegant gowns, and smart suits that are bold and colorful.
What’s not to look forward to?! Spring can’t come soon enough.